- Ever Amethyst™ Agapanthus – This stunning new semi-dwarf Agapanthus blooms early and reblooms, with multiple spikes of deep purple flowers. These tough plants need little water once established and bloom much longer than traditional types, from spring through summer. Ever Amethyst thrives in USDA Zones 8B – 11 in full sun.
- Golden Oakland® Holly – Distinctive oak-shaped leaves and golden variegated foliage set this versatile evergreen holly apart. Its upright shape and easy care make it a perfect privacy hedge or accent with year-round interest, requiring little pruning. It also makes a colorful easy-care container plant. Hardy in USDA Zones 6a-9b, Golden Oakland matures at 15-20’ high by 12-15’ wide and takes full sun to part shade.
- October Magic® White Shi-Shi™ Camellia – Selected for its bushy, spreading habit similar to the well-known ‘ShiShi Gashira,’ this low-growing evergreen offers porcelain white, formal double blooms at a time of year when fewer trees and shrubs are blooming, from fall through January. Thriving in full sun to part shade in USDA Zones 7a-9b, White Shi-Shi matures to 3-4’ high by 3-4’ wide.
- ‘Blondie’ Phormium – Ideal for brightening a shady spot, Blondie has bright variegated foliage and a unique weeping habit. Its attractive foliage and stunning color make it the perfect pick for containers, maturing to 1.5-2’ high by 3-4’ wide. Blondie is suited to full sun to part shade in USDA Zones 8b-10b.
- Cape Town™ Series Tecomarias – This improved cape honeysuckle offers profuse flowers in orange, pink, red, or yellow and grows in a bushy, compact habit. In frost-free climates, these evergreen plants bloom through winter —a great food source for pollinators. An attractive reblooming choice for accents, borders, containers, and even cut flowers, Cape Town reaches 4-5′ high by 3′ wide and is hardy in USDA Zones 9a – 11b.
About the Sunset Plant Collection™
Sunset—the West’s most trusted source of gardening information for more than 115 years presents—introduced the Sunset Plant Collection in partnership with Plant Development Services, Inc., in 2012. The first live plant collection to focus exclusively on top-performing plants for the Western gardener, the plants offered are low maintenance, water-wise, and uniquely suited for the Western landscape.